At Adonit (www.adonit.net), we believed that the future of creative work revolved around touch screens and collaboration. Frustrated by the lack of control touch devices provided, we set out to build a new breed of connected physical and digital tools for the modern creative.
Adonit was a fast paced, rapidly growing global company. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, I lead creative direction, product development and software engineering from the States for all products from conception through final design and packaging. As revenue grew from 1M annually to over 25M, so did the challenge, proving to be a perfect fit for my hybrid skill set.
- Lead creative direction for nine products from conception through final market presentation, receiving multiple accolades including iF Design Awards, Best of CES, GOOD, Red Dot, and Apple’s Best of 2015.
- Built design, product management, and software engineering teams from the ground up to 30 people (org wide growth 20 -150 people) including industrial designers, interactive designers, user experience designers, researchers, and technologists.
- Established collaborative process across design and engineering (Firmware, Electrical, Mechanical and Software) to spearhead new technology/products such as Pixel Point and Forge, Adonit’s first entry into software.
- Drove product experience with partners such as Adobe and Evernote by establishing an experience based SDK.
- Realized a 2% average return rate (while 18% is the industry average) by integrating customer service, sales and user testing into product development process and promoting transparency through bi-weekly product development updates.